[1.1.87] Circuit wires sometimes disappear when connected to ghost pole

NaterThan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.87] Circuit wires sometimes disappear when connected to ghost pole

Post by NaterThan »

I have 2 big electric poles that have green and red wires connecting them. If one of the big electric poles is a ghost, if both electric poles are in the viewport then everything is fine and you can see the ghost wires between the placed electric pole and the ghost electric pole. If you zoom in so only the placed electric pole is in the viewport, the red and green wires disappear but the main yellow wire stays.

Expected behavior: The red and green wires should stay visible or at least match the visibility behavior of the main wire when a electric pole ghost is not in the viewport. I would think that a ghost being or not being in the viewport should not effect the visibility of the wires at all.

This incorrect behavior occurs on all types of power poles connected in all directions but is more obvious in big power poles connected from far distances. There seems to be a certain distance that the ghost needs to be outside of the viewport for the bug to occur making it occur only for a small distance for small power poles.

Steps to reproduce:
1. place two power poles connected in any direction and attach red and green wires connecting them
2. create a blueprint of them
3. place the blueprint and place one of the poles in the print
4. move the character to one of the power poles and zoom in the camera until the bug happens
5. the red and green wires should become invisible while the yellow wire stays visible

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.87] Circuit wires sometimes disappear when connected to ghost pole

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report, however this issue is not going to be fixed in 1.1.x. This is more of a technical limitation due to circuit wires for a ghost entity being only kept by the ghost entity only. For copper wires this is implemented slightly differently where real electric poles are also aware of ghost wires and this is required to not mess with the copper wire auto connect logic when entities are destroyed, upgraded or revived.

In 1.2 i already did various changes that fix this exact issue by making all entities aware of the ghost wires going out of them, so i am marking this as "fixed for 1.2".

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”