[1.1.94] Changes lost when multiple players edit train schedule

Hawk777
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.94] Changes lost when multiple players edit train schedule

Post by Hawk777 »

Build a train and give it some stations. Have two players open the train’s timetable at the same time and make edits. In some cases, the players do not see each other’s edits, and it seems like the last player to make an edit causes the other edits to be overwritten. I saw this happening specifically when the stations had inactivity time as their wait condition, and my friend and I both tried to change the wait times. Some stations, I changed the wait time and he did not. Some stations, he changed the wait time and I did not. Some stations, we both changed the wait time. Once we closed and reopened the GUI, one of the stations he had edited and I had not touched had its wait time reverted.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.94] Changes lost when multiple players edit train schedule

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can’t reproduce what you describe. When I edit on one end it shows the edits on the other as they apply.

Obviously the last person to edit a given section is what ends up applied for that section (there’s no other option in that scenario).

Multiple players editing the same GUI in one entity at the same time is functionally the same as one player doing all of the changes that both did in the order they happened in real time.

What did you expect to happen that wasn’t happening?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Hawk777
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hawk777 »

Did you try, specifically, opening a train that had “inactivity time” conditions, and changing just the time number within a condition (not adding or removing any conditions or stops)? My friend who had the same train open did not see the number change.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Ah, you're correct. I was testing adding/removing wait conditions and moving them around. Individual changes inside a wait condition don't show up for other players if nothing else has changed.

I'll fix this for 2.0.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Hawk777
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hawk777 »

Great, thanks for investigating!

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”