How do *_penalty in attack parameters work for turrets?

Place to report issues and suggest improvements to the API documentation.
heyqule
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

How do *_penalty in attack parameters work for turrets?

Post by heyqule »

How do the range for *_penalty (health/rotate/fire_penalty) for attack parameters work? Fire turret uses 15 for its fire_penalty, what does that 15 imply? Are there a min / max range for it? Let say I want my turret to pick very high/max health with minimal rotation. If I set health_panelty to -15 for targeting high health unit and rotate_penalty 15 to discourage turning, what do they exactly mean?

It will be nice to have more detailed doc on the penalty topic.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

health_penalty and rotate_penalty clarification

Post by Deadlock989 »

health_penalty and rotate_penalty are properties of BaseAttackParameters that affect the target selection of turrets. Their descriptions are worded similarly - they say that "higher penalties" discourage the turret from selecting higher health targets or making longer turns, and for health_penalty a "negative penalty" encourages selection of targets with higher health.

What are the units? Is it like fire_penalty where any non-zero value counts, or is it a graduated scale of -1 to 1 with different levels of effect, or is health_penalty scaled to health points and rotate_penalty to orientation units, or something else?

Return to “Documentation Improvement Requests”