Allow loaders to extract items from burnt slots

Coming soon!
NeveHanter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Allow loaders to extract items from burnt slots

Post by NeveHanter »

In Pyanodon's mods, the burning assembling machines, furnaces and other buildings have a spent fuel slot (burnt_inventory_size set to 1).
I.e. when furnace burns one coal it will produce one ash in the spent fuel slot.

Loader entities are unable to unload from that slot, on the other hand, inserters can.

kubiix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Allow loaders to extract items from burnt slots

Post by kubiix »

+1

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I guess this is modding specific, so I'll move the suggestion to modding interface requests.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

That was already implemented for 2.0 as part of larger set of changes. In 1.1.x entity may have at most 1 "output inventory" however inserters were implemented explicitly to handle burnt result inventory on top of the "output inventory". In 2.0 entities may have multiple output inventories so inserters and loaders will both support the same type of transfers from entity.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

boskid wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:53 pm
In 2.0 entities may have multiple output inventories so inserters and loaders will both support the same type of transfers from entity.
Does that include loaders doing transfers to and from trains? And direct train-to-train entity transfer and chest-to-chest transfer with a single loader?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Qon wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:43 pm
Does that include loaders doing transfers to and from trains? And direct train-to-train entity transfer and chest-to-chest transfer with a single loader?
You seem to be mistaken about what loader is. Loader either transfers items from belt or onto belt, so saying "direct train-to-train" is far from being about loaders.

Return to “Implemented for 2.0”