Modification of the shooting animation of a vehicle.

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
orgamek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Modification of the shooting animation of a vehicle.

Post by orgamek »

Description of the mod and objectives:
My mod aim to add a self-propelled artillery tank, preferably only by using the asset already available in the game. For this, I used the asset of tank case and the asset of the artillery gun. I want to be able to pilot the tank and shoot with it, and eventually it being compatible with AAI Programmable Vehicles. I also want the vehicle to be able to receive target designation thanks to the artillery targeting remote. Eventually, I also would like to make an early version of this late game tank, with less range and less damage per shoot.

Goals reached: I managed to code a self-propelled, pilotable artillery with the games asset available and compatible with AAI Programmable Vehicles.

Problematics:
I don't manage to change the shooting animation: the flash is still the one of the base tank, and it is not aligned with the artillery canon. (which is quite ugly :lol:)
I don't manage to start the animation of the artillery canon (recoil, cartridge ejection), after the shoot. Is it possible? I do not have access to the variables, and I did not find a "shooting_animation" for the tank turret.
I don't manage to use the artillery targeting remote. I tried to add a vanilla artillery turret to the guns of the tank, but even this way did not work.

Thanks for your attention and I would be glad to get advices for any of those 3 points.

Best,
Dr.Orgamek.

orgamek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Modification of the shooting animation of a vehicle.

Post by orgamek »

New goal reached: The shooting animation is now modified to be the artillery canon one and is aligned.

orgamek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Modification of the shooting animation of a vehicle.

Post by orgamek »

After a lot of work, I managed to reach... the level of this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=88590&p=509716&hil ... on#p509716

Yay.

Anyway, the level of functionality is somewhat satisfactory, and I don't think it's even possible to implement the rest of what I planned to do, so "Good enough" I guess.

Return to “Modding help”