Getting data on ambient sounds

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
LCStark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Getting data on ambient sounds

Post by LCStark »

While discussing a mod with custom music, I've had an idea about making a sort of Music Player mod, to allow the player some control over the background music (like seeing the track list, current played track, skipping tracks and selecting different track to be played). I've looked around the API and these forums and I haven't found any way to get any information about the currently played music track. The only thing I found is this post by Rseding91 viewtopic.php?p=393174#p393174 talking about entity-attached sounds and how Lua can't have any access to their play state.

So my question here is: are the music tracks working in the same way, meaning I couldn't ever get the data I'm looking for? Or would it be possible to add API interface to get things like currently playing track with its progress and total length? Or is there already a way to do what I'm after? I thought about posting in the modding interface requests subforum, but I thought I'd ask here first if it is even possible. :)

Return to “Modding help”