Items Placed

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Items Placed

Post by zer0t3ch »

Is there a way to know what item a player places when they place it?

(onbuiltentity won't work for what I need, unless someone knows how to convert an entity into the itemstack that it came from)
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Items Placed

Post by ficolas »

zer0t3ch wrote:Is there a way to know what item a player places when they place it?

(onbuiltentity won't work for what I need, unless someone knows how to convert an entity into the itemstack that it came from)
Im not sure if you still need this but...

Why do yoy need the item stack?
For the name of the item??
If so, all "vanilla" items have the same name as the entity, the only two items that I know that arent this way are from my mod, the underground mining drill and the forge, I should change it to be more compatible with stuff.

If you want to get the amount of items the player haves or something you can just get the data diretly from the player

zer0t3ch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Items Placed

Post by zer0t3ch »

ficolas wrote:
zer0t3ch wrote:Is there a way to know what item a player places when they place it?

Im not sure if you still need this but...

Why do yoy need the item stack?
For the name of the item??
If so, all "vanilla" items have the same name as the entity, the only two items that I know that arent this way are from my mod, the underground mining drill and the forge, I should change it to be more compatible with stuff.

If you want to get the amount of items the player haves or something you can just get the data diretly from the player
That's just the problem though. If someone had a mod where the entity names and item names were different, that would break my mod. That's why I need an event like this. I hope they do this and then I could theoretically make my own.
"F**k thy hater"
-George Watsky

Feel free to contact me!
Razer Comms: Zer0t3ch
Email: zer0t3ch@live.com

Return to “Modding help”