Miner structure that uses fluid

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Miner structure that uses fluid

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Is it possible via pure data to make a mining drill that requires lubricant to run? I was thinking about making a deep mining drill, which specifically mines extra patches of unbound ore of each type. However, I wanted it to be dependent on lubricant to run.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Miner structure that uses fluid

Post by johanwanderer »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Is it possible via pure data to make a mining drill that requires lubricant to run? I was thinking about making a deep mining drill, which specifically mines extra patches of unbound ore of each type. However, I wanted it to be dependent on lubricant to run.
I don't think so. The prototypes defined in the base games all have dependencies in the main game code, so what you see is what you get there. Anything extra will have to be scripted in via control.lua
You might be able to do something as simple as [mining speed] = const * min([lubricant amount], 1); dec([lubricant amount, x); at every (few) ticks. That way, if the drill runs out of lubricant, it will just stop.

UberWaffe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Miner structure that uses fluid

Post by UberWaffe »

If you don't care about restricting the placement of the deep mining drill to actual resources patches, then you could 'fake it' by basing it off an assembly machine.

Then you can define recipes that take lubricant as input and output the desired ore types.

However, this means it could be placed anywhere, and user's would have to pick the recipe they want to run.
(You can however, make a recipe that randomly outputs resource types, rather than allowing the user to pick a specific output).

That is the closest non-scripting-solution to your suggestion that I can think of.

Return to “Modding help”