Updated API specification

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Kalsius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Updated API specification

Post by Kalsius »

I am working on a mod and whilst the forums can be very helpful one thing which is frustrating is a complete, up to date interface specification showing events, properties and methods isnt really available. I have noticed that some topics highlight methods/properties which are not in the wiki. Is there an alternate source for this information I can use until the wiki is updated? I'd be happy to contribute to the wiki in updating but without a reference it would be dificult!

I am new to lua but have done lots of dev in the past, can I export the interfaces in game?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Updated API specification

Post by prg »

Kalsius wrote:I am working on a mod and whilst the forums can be very helpful one thing which is frustrating is a complete, up to date interface specification showing events, properties and methods isnt really available. I have noticed that some topics highlight methods/properties which are not in the wiki. Is there an alternate source for this information I can use until the wiki is updated? I'd be happy to contribute to the wiki in updating but without a reference it would be dificult!

I am new to lua but have done lots of dev in the past, can I export the interfaces in game?
You can call .help() on the various game objects to get an up to date list of methods and values. Of course this doesn't explain what the methods do and values mean, but still...
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Updated API specification

Post by Rseding91 »

Kalsius wrote:I am working on a mod and whilst the forums can be very helpful one thing which is frustrating is a complete, up to date interface specification showing events, properties and methods isnt really available. I have noticed that some topics highlight methods/properties which are not in the wiki. Is there an alternate source for this information I can use until the wiki is updated? I'd be happy to contribute to the wiki in updating but without a reference it would be dificult!

Are you referencing this? https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... s#Chapters

Because as far as I know that's 99%~ up to date.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding help”