Updating a Mod from 1.2 to 1.5

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Nekomancer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Updating a Mod from 1.2 to 1.5

Post by Nekomancer »

I had made a mod back in the 1.2 days and then stopped playing for a while. i came back recently and my mod no longer works as expected. i have looked up many things on the internet on how to fix the issue yet none of them work. the error states, "IDConnector:textualID id empty" does anyone know what this means?
Last edited by Nekomancer on Mon May 22, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Updating a Mod from 1.2 to 1.5

Post by bobingabout »

I have no idea what a 1.2 or 1.5 is. Factorio has only just changed to 0.15, 1.2 and 1.5 sound WAY into the future of the game.

I have no idea what that error is trying to tell you, would need more context.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Sigor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sigor »

Post the mod, so we can help you.

Nekomancer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Updating an old Mod to 0.15

Post by Nekomancer »

I meant 0.15 sorry, here is the file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3fsN ... 2JKMUtaa0k the site would freeze when i tried to add a file.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Firstly, sorry for the late response to this.
I'm now taking a quick look.

First you need to add the following line to your info.json file

Code: Select all

"factorio_version": "0.15",
then after that I get

Code: Select all

5.665 Error ModManager.cpp:930: Error while loading item prototype "power-armor-mk3" (armor): Value must be a string in property tree at ROOT.armor.power-armor-mk3.equipment_grid
Modifications: Darkstar Solar
This is your 0.12 version of the mod. Have you even started making an update for 0.15 at all? if so, your current progress with it would be a lot more useful than this. There have been a lot of changes to the base game, I couldn't possibly list them all in one go, I mean, I'd literally be fixing your mod for you to tell you what all the errors are.

My suggestion, if you haven't started already, have a copy of 0.12 and a copy of 0.15, so you can compare. then, using a tool like http://www.diffchecker.com compare the code for each entity you're cloning in your mod between the 0.12 and 0.15 versions, and work through making the appropriate changes one by one.
Alternatively, just make one change, then check the entity or item pointed to by an error as and when they crop up.

Either way... there was A LOT of changes between 0.12 and 0.13, and another whole whopping lot of changes between 0.14 and 0.15, updating this mod is no small task.
there were only a few changes between 0.13 and 0.14 because that was primarilly an "under the hood" total rewrite of the network code... plus vehicle equipment grids.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding help”