iron plate

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

iron plate

Post by cartmen180 »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make changes to the vanilla iron plate recipe but i cant figure out the name for the recipe.
The same goes for the copper plate recipe.
Where can i find this information?

Thnx for the help :)
Check out my mods

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: iron plate

Post by FreeER »

Since the majority (if not all) of the base recipe names use the same name as they item they craft you can find the item name ("iron-plate") and assume it'll be the name of the recipe. You'd find it by either looking at the prototypes (it'd be under data/base/prototypes/item/demo-item.lua) or, the easier way, by opening the locale files in data/base/locale/your_language_code/item-names.cfg and searching for the name you'd see in game (it'll have the name of the prototype on the left and the translation on the right, separated by an '='). If you did need to find a recipe name (the iron-plates is in prototypes/recipe/demo-furnace-recipe.lua btw) for something more difficult though you could go through the prototypes/recipe/ folder and search each file for the name of the item the recipe returns (there usually aren't many recipes that return the same item and the item name should be simple enough to find as explained above).

if you wanted to be lazier when searching a regex (assuming your editor can perform regex searches) like this might help (choose the ". matches newline" option when searching). just replace "iron\-plate" with the name of the correct result and remember to escape any "-" with a "\" (it can be used as part of a regular expression accidentally)

Code: Select all

result[s]?\s+?=[^\}]*?"iron\-plate"

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: iron plate

Post by cartmen180 »

ah yes of course, i can't believe i didn't think of that lol (the first part, not the second :p )

edit: i tried
data.raw["recipe"]["iron-plate"].enabled = false
but that doesn't work.

edit2: okay, i figured it out.
data.raw["recipe"]["iron-plate"].enabled = "false" works
Check out my mods

Return to “Modding help”