Fluidbox. Can't even start the game

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Cybervantyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Fluidbox. Can't even start the game

Post by Cybervantyz »

Searched through forum, found something similar but related to some "desyncs" (whatever they are), whereas I can't even start the game.
The game started earlier today, and suddenly it won't start now, despite that there were NO updates.
Sounds too "classic", but I really didn't touch anything, and Factorio refuses to start now.
How on Earth that is possible? Am I doing something wrong?
And why it disables a whole lot of seemingly unrelated mods? Is that list random or something?
2019-08-06-213201_1920x1080_scrot.png
2019-08-06-213201_1920x1080_scrot.png (37.83 KiB) Viewed 1258 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fluidbox. Can't even start the game

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is a mod error and it's due to an added check in the latest version of the game. The check makes sure that mods don't define invalid fluidbox connections (ones that all want to connect to the same outgoing place on the entity). You'll need to wait for the mod authors to update and fix their mods.

Moving to modding help.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:52 pm
Thanks for the report. That is a mod error and it's due to an added check in the latest version of the game. The check makes sure that mods don't define invalid fluidbox connections (ones that all want to connect to the same outgoing place on the entity). You'll need to wait for the mod authors to update and fix their mods.

Moving to modding help.
For the record, this was used as a feature by modders, especially lately to create a "dummy" input so that the second singular input would accept fluidbox_index=2 indexed crude oil, for example. For now I've found another workaround, but it would be nice to have a supported way to get at fluidbox_index = 2 with only one input, since recipes using the fluidbox_index also only have one input.

Cybervantyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cybervantyz »

I'll repeat...
It started earlier today, with no updates in between - nor for game, nor for mods.
I'm not that stupid to post bug report when it is obviously a problem with mod.
This problem is game problem, not some mod.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

There was a new version of the game earlier today which specifically added this check.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding help”