Bus Mod

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
ss_Baum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Bus Mod

Post by ss_Baum »

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a Mod, that creates a Bus with multiple belt inputs and one output and of course the same reverse.
I don't have any experience with modding factorio, so I would like to start with this.

I already figured out, that I need to use an already existing prototype, that I need to create the animations and so on. But I couldn't find something about the inputs and outputs. Can you modify them? Or would it be necessary to create a complete new entity, if this is even possible.

Because I am very new to this topic, I would be happy about anything, related to this topic (links to tutorials about entyties, hints, ...)

I apreciate your help. Thank you very much.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bus Mod

Post by DaveMcW »

You cannot create new prototypes, you have to work with the ones we have.

Fortunately, the linked-belt prototype can do what you want. Make a linked-belt connecting the multiple input to the multiple output, and everything works.

An advanced solution is to run the linked-belt along a separate surface before getting to the output, to make the timing more realistic.

ss_Baum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ss_Baum »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:13 pm
You cannot create new prototypes, you have to work with the ones we have.

Fortunately, the linked-belt prototype can do what you want. Make a linked-belt connecting the multiple input to the multiple output, and everything works.

An advanced solution is to run the linked-belt along a separate surface before getting to the output, to make the timing more realistic.
Well, thank you for the quick response, I looked after this prototype quite a bit, but figured out, that this prototype probably needs version 1.1. I would like to Implement it for 1.0. So it seems like this doesn't work.
So maybe I will use normal belts or loader and do it with a control.lua. There I should find a way.

But my bigger problem is, how to realize the multiple Inputs to one Input. Is there a way to have multiple prototypes in one object? I mean probably, because a Splitter has to belts, left and right. But I couldn't figure something out about this.

Does anyone know something about this or have a wiki or tutorial in it's mind?

ss_Baum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ss_Baum »

Ok, I have decided to discard this Idea, at least in the way I planned it. It would probably be possible with loaders and chests, but it doesn't add that much possibilities to the game, so it isn't worth that much time. I will probably modify normal belts, so that you can change the Speed and need electricity (something like (items/sec)²/10, that would make for 100 items/sec 1MW per single belt).

As base I will probably use this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/electric_transport_belts of course without copying something, just for learning purpose.

Return to “Modding help”