Map charting and drawing interfaces

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
xcompwiz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Map charting and drawing interfaces

Post by xcompwiz »

I would like to know more and do more with map charting. Specifically I'd like to be able to know when a force is actively charting a sector of the world and be able to draw things to the chart either at that time or later.

Suggested features:
An event (ex. on_surface_charted) which informs that a force is about to, currently, or just finished charting a chunk (could be multiple events depending on computation costs, complexity, and options). Vars would be the force, the surface, and the area charted (representation completely up to implementation).

A method to allow "drawing" to the chart, probably per tile though region draw would probably be reasonable to implement.

A method to allow setting custom chart elements to be drawn like the player or vehicle elements are. Could be handled similar to how GUI elements are done (from what I understand of Factorio mod GUI handling).

If there are any questions I would be happy to elaborate. Specific usage info can also be found from the below references.

Thanks, and Cheers!
-XComp

References:
Sharing Vision between Forces (On Charted Event?)
Alternate Map Force (Faction) Colors / Map Drawing

Return to “Modding interface requests”