Add "off_when_no_fluid_recipe" toggle to Types/WorkingVisualisation

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Add "off_when_no_fluid_recipe" toggle to Types/WorkingVisualisation

Post by kirazy »

Under the crafting machine prototype property "fluid_boxes" is the parameter "off_when_no_fluid_recipe".

It would be very convenient to have that as a parameter in "working_visualisations" as well.

Specifically I would like to be able to place sprites over adjacent pipe-like entities to present a sort-of connection piece that interfaces with pipes. However due to the way that entities are drawn, entities to the left/right often draw on top of what these sprites would be when they're connecting to pipes.

It looks like getting creative with fluid_box and render layer you could reproduce this effect, but not in a way that's non-destructive. I would have to edit the fluid_box itself which breaks the boundaries of strictly non-game-changing.

It would be simplier and ideal if I could use working_visualisation for this, but currently there's no way for working_visualisation to know when pipe pictures are drawn or when they are not if "off_when_no_fluid_recipe" is true.

Return to “Modding interface requests”