Allow more than one filter on fluid_boxes

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Moterius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Allow more than one filter on fluid_boxes

Post by Moterius »

I'm currently working on a mod that has some fluids that, by all accounts, should not be able to flow through 'standard' pipes. For example, I want to add a pneumatic pipe to transport certain 'dry' materials.

Which means i would need to filter out that from the normal pipes.

The issue I've ran into is that a pipe cannot have more than exactly one whitelist filter on it's fluid_box. I've tried using a different entity (assembling machine) because pipes only support one fluid box, but then ran into the issue that fluid_boxes may not collide. I seriously doubt that it is possible to fake a pipe that can only support a specific set of fluids.

Therefore, i would like a filter on the pipes (whitelist and blacklist, ideally -> i can work with one, but it would probably break my logic if other mods add fluids), which works similar to the filter on the fluid_boxes, or ideally a similar filter on the fluid_box property.

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Allow more than one filter on fluid_boxes

Post by Stringweasel »

+1 from me

Related:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=105271
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71721
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=55661 - probably most interesting one with links to responses from devs
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow more than one filter on fluid_boxes

Post by Honktown »

I had a reverse-form of the idea that works like "fluid categories" (I hadn't seen that one or I would've replied to it!) :
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=109467
Rather than restrict the fluids in the pipes, restrict the pipe connections. In my mind it seems a lot more like what is wanted, without having run-time overhead.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Modding interface requests”