Option for build_enemy_base to spawn a base directly

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
yeganer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Option for build_enemy_base to spawn a base directly

Post by yeganer »

Hey,

i just played around with the build_enemy_base command and noticed, that you need another base in 'range' for it to work and that it will only tell existing biters to move to the new location and form a base.
I think it would be nice to have an option to directly spawn a base of size equivalent to xy biters running there.
If that's not possible, a workaround would be to spawn the biters that should be send near the area if no biters were found that could be send to the new location.

I think that would make this function a bit more intuitive because at the moment, you can't tell if it worked and you can't "force" it to work. In my opinion this function isn't useable in mods because it's to unreliable so one has to 'reimplement the wheel'.

Thanks for reading ;)

johanwanderer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Option for build_enemy_base to spawn a base directly

Post by johanwanderer »

Isn't a base just an entity in game? So you can try using game.create_entity() to create a new base.

yeganer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Option for build_enemy_base to spawn a base directly

Post by yeganer »

yes that is right. and at the moment i'm using that but it would be more convenient to use the stuff that is already in the game.

build_enemy_base creates a 'random' base consisting of biter and spitter spawners and worms.

So an equivalent to build_enemy_base would be a function that kind of randomly spawns worms and spawners in an area.

Return to “Modding interface requests”