Allow items and fluids in a selector

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
oof2win2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Allow items and fluids in a selector

Post by oof2win2 »

Hello. I would like to request a new "item-and-fluid" elem_type for a choose-elem-button GUI element. This is because sometimes, fluids and items want to be mixed in a GUI, such as selecting inputs but still being able to filter them.

I'm coming off of viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79257, where Raiguard wanted the same thing. I understand that this would be a very complex task, but it would make mods better in ways, as people wouldn't need to make their own GUIs for this like in Factory Planner, but would be able to integrate these two different types together and still be able to filter them.

Edit:
Upon realization that signals can have fluids and items both, I think it would probably be easier to have a filter for signals, which already allow for the combination. Modders could still get the signals and use them instead.
Last edited by oof2win2 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

curiosity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Allow items and fluids in a selector

Post by curiosity »

This may be easier accomplished by adding the possibility of filtering to signals, which already include items and fluids.

PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PFQNiet »

"Signals" also includes virtual signals, though, which may not be wanted.

InappropriatePenguin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by InappropriatePenguin »

Just wanted to +1 this request. I'm currently having to show all signals in order to allow the player to select items/fluids from the same button in my mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/production-analyst) and I just ignore any virtual signal input.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

+1

This would be useful for my Factory Search mod in which users need to be able to search both items and fluids, but the signals are meaningless.

Edit: it now supports signals so they aren't meaningless!
Last edited by Xorimuth on Wed May 25, 2022 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Dominiquini
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dominiquini »

+1

Return to “Modding interface requests”