Cannot change the color of an entity

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
XaLpHa89
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Cannot change the color of an entity

Post by XaLpHa89 »

I can't change the color of a turret, but I can change the color of a character. Why can't I assign a new color to a turret?

Code: Select all

/c game.permissions.get_group( 'Default' ).set_allows_action( defines.input_action.set_entity_color, true )
/c game.permissions.get_group( 'Default' ).set_allows_action( defines.input_action.set_player_color, true )
/c game.surfaces.nauvis.create_entity( { name = 'character', position = { 0, 0 }, force = 'player' } )
/c game.surfaces.nauvis.create_entity( { name = 'gun-turret', position = { 2, 2 }, force = 'player' } )
/c game.player.selected.color = { r = 255, g = 255, b = 0 }
/color blue
20210719210210_1.jpg
20210719210210_1.jpg (92.36 KiB) Viewed 1374 times

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Cannot change the color of an entity

Post by Pi-C »

Turrets aren't among the entities that support LuaEntity.color:
color :: Color [Read-Write]

The character, rolling stock, train stop, car, spider-vehicle, flying text, corpse or simple-entity-with-owner color. Returns nil if this entity doesn't use custom colors.

Note: Car color is overridden by the color of the current driver/passenger, if there is one.
EDIT: You can set a turret color during the data stage. A dirty workaround would be to define several turret prototypes with different colors and swap the entities during the control stage.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved from suggestions to modding interface requests
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

From chatting with some devs, the color of turrets is based on the "first" player of a force. Unfortunately, that's it.

Here's a related post: viewtopic.php?t=82644
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Modding interface requests”