[0.12.25] Crash to desktop (GPU error?)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.25] Crash to desktop (GPU error?)

Post by tetryon »

MP dedicated bobsmods+others server. Played on Steam.

Last thing I did was send a chat msg, then was using another window on my other monitor.

This error about appeared as a pop-up. When I clicked ok, factorio closed immediately. (GPU monitoring software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX is interfering with Factorio and the game crashed. Shutting down such software or configuring it to not detect Factorio may prevent this kind of crash.
Alternatively you can try to set force-opengl=true in Factorio's config file or use launch option --force-opengl.)

Log attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(86.15 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.25] Crash to desktop (GPU error?)

Post by kovarex »

Looks weird, the error prompt is wrong (there is error in the error reporting, sigh).

There seems to be something wrong with the inserter, do you have the save of the map before it happened? (I mean if it is reproducible).

IainCole
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IainCole »

I have a similar issue in single player. Seems to crash on autosave. If I load a particular save it happens every time within a couple of autosaves. If I try and load one of the autosaves it makes it crashes immediately.

I've attached the log as well as the save that works (but crashes after a couple of autosaves) and the autosave that crashes as soon as it's loaded.
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
Crashes immediately
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
ffs.zip
Works but crashes shortly after
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
factorio-current.log
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

kovarex wrote:Looks weird, the error prompt is wrong (there is error in the error reporting, sigh).

There seems to be something wrong with the inserter, do you have the save of the map before it happened? (I mean if it is reproducible).
Unfortunately I don't have a save or autosave from before hand. But I will try to remember to keep a copy for next time. It's only happened the once.

I have a save from 24 hours prior, but I wouldn't call it reproducible. I don't think anyone else crashed.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

@IainCole: you have have different crash than tetryon. Your is related to bug that corrupted level 2 of New Hope campaign (and saves from this level). The bug is fixed in current version, but you need to restart the level.

Return to “Pending”