[0.12.29] Slight lagging

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.29] Slight lagging

Post by EmperorZelos »

I am running a game that has now lasted 48 hours, my factory is growing and the parts that do stuff is getting more nummerous and spread out, but it's still not one of those enormously massive factories.

However now I have started to notice there is an ever so slight lag that occures every 1 to 2 seconds, it's only very brief, like a fraction of a second. It is however noticible when I am running as the character stands still for a moment or see it on the treads. It's not enough to completely destroy the experience but it does annoy slightly.

Yes I am running several mods as well however when I check the stats, it's not using lots of my processor nor of my memory.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Slight lagging

Post by DaveMcW »

We need a log file, and a screenshot with F5 overlay at the point it lags.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

It is very possible to be caused by the mods.
Try to disable them and see if the problem persists.

If it still happens, uploading log and save would be very useful.

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

2 things and I'll provide
1: Where do I find the log files for saves and such?
2: THe game is far too indepth to repeat it without them, it'll take anywhere between 24-48 hours again to get to the point so without hte mods is unfortunately not an option.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

EmperorZelos wrote:2 things and I'll provide
2: THe game is far too indepth to repeat it without them, it'll take anywhere between 24-48 hours again to get to the point so without hte mods is unfortunately not an option.
Then save and mods might be the option.
Alternatively open F5 debug and look at various mod update times. Check if any of them goes to values higher then 0.5-1.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

EmperorZelos wrote:2 things and I'll provide
1. Log file is in c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\factorio-current.log, or inside the game folder for portable version.
2. You can just disable the mods and load your save without replaying. It will delete the modded items from the game. Disable the mods one by one to find the one that might be causing the game to lag.

Return to “Pending”