[Pending] Crash

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Rahbek
Inserter
Inserter

[Pending] Crash

Post by Rahbek »

I crashed during the automated placement (holding down while moving) of big power poles while driving with a train from my main base to a new copper outpost.
I usually get heavy fps slow down when trees are on my screen in normal gameplay (away from trees and biters factorio runs perfectly fine)
when i placed the power poles i was going full speed with the train and happened to go past a place with trees close to the rails. as soon as they were on my screen it caused lag. due to the trains speed it didnt just slow down the fps but completely froze for a few seconds before the game crashed.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/49MEiPEG

Mods:
http://pastebin.com/wCpha01g (should all be the the latest versions from the mod portal as of today)
(my mods folder is 270mb -> if you really need it send me a message with an email address and i'll send you a dropbox link)

Save: attached :)

Ps: it was the 2nd crash that happened today which seemed to be related to the games main loop or graphic rendering. Both times i did was running the game on my macbook air mid2013 (MacBook Air 6,2) and without the power plug connected - with the power plug the game was running for a few hours without any problems at all.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(17.3 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crash

Post by Rseding91 »

Have you modified the game files at all? The crash log isn't generating the stack trace properly (just giving addresses instead of named functions).

Also how much RAM does your laptop have?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Try Solution 4 from here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9300

Basically open ~/Library/Application Support/factorio/config/config.ini and change max-texture-size to 4096

Rahbek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rahbek »

Rseding91 wrote:Have you modified the game files at all? The crash log isn't generating the stack trace properly (just giving addresses instead of named functions).

Also how much RAM does your laptop have?

Sorry for the late reply :)
I have a Mid-2013 or Early-2014 MacBook Air 13" with max specs (upped processor to i7 and 8GB of RAM - some of that is used for the Intel HD5000 Graphics ofc - 1536mb to be exact)

Aside from mods I didn't modify the game in any way. However since you mentioned the texture fix: I am using Waitex MOD if that makes a difference.

I will try the fix and see how it works :)

Return to “Pending”