[15.18] Can't unpause

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[15.18] Can't unpause

Post by hansjoachim »

Short description:
The host tried to unpause the game, but it stayed paused for me while he and everything else could move around.

Longer description:
I was trying to join the server and the catch up was very slow, so I asked him to pause the game. It did nothing on his side but on my side it said that he had paused the game and it stayed that way after I finally got in to the server. He nor I could unpause the game for me.
Pause bug.png
Pause bug.png (3.57 MiB) Viewed 3553 times
I then tried to host the last autosave and the game crashed
I could however host that same savefile after I restarted factorio

Mods
RSO 3.3.5
FARL 1.1.1
200 Inventory size 0.15.0
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
The log file for me
(153.45 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.18] Can't unpause

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Can you reproduce this bug?
Can you provide some exact steps to make this error occur again?

Ekhalyocthor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ekhalyocthor »

Hi, noticed a very similar issue in version [15.33]

The problem seems to happen when I download a map that my friend created, and then host the same map.
If I try to pause the game, nothing happens for me, but my friend gets the message that he is joining a paused game.

However, If I launch the multiplayer game with the option 'anyone can pause' instead of only admins, this no longer happens.
I don't know if hosting a map that someone else created is supposed to make you an admin, but I assume it is currently not doing so, so I suppose it is normal that the game does not let me pause.
The bug seems to be that a flag stating that a game is paused is set before checking if I have the permission to pause it.

Neither of us experienced crashes related to this though.

Hope this helps :)

Update:

I made a few test with my friend on a fresh world, and we can easily reproduce the bug:

1 - Player A creates a new multiplayer world. Player B joins player A.
2 - Player B saves the map and leaves, player A leaves as well.
3 - Player B loads the map as a multiplayer game, with 'only admins can pause' on. In this state, player B can't pause.
4 - Player A joins player B. While player A is loading he map, player B pauses. This will not pause the game, but player A will see a message that the server is paused and won't be able to play.

A few notes: if player B tries to pause before player A is loading, player A will not get stuck. If player B tries to pause after player A has successfully joined, then player A will get the same message, and that blocks all input(for example if he was moving, he will keep moving in the same direction and won't be able to stop). Player A can try clicking 'unpause game' but this has no effect (player B can only see the 'Pause game' button.

Hopefully, this should not be too hard to fix now :)

TfGuy44
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TfGuy44 »

Seconding this. It has happened to me at least twice. Occurs when a non-admin host tries to pause a game while someone else is catching up.

Return to “Pending”