Tree generator "richness" param still has effect without being modifiable in map creation menu AND defaults to half-dead

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Tree generator "richness" param still has effect without being modifiable in map creation menu AND defaults to half-dead

Post by Reika »

That is, the default state of the tree generator richness is 50% of the max value, such that all freshly genned forests look like they are already half-dead, and that the map creation menu (as of the new one in 0.17) has no way of changing that richness, forcing you to use a mod or commands to do so if you want your trees to start pristine. This also tends to not be "fast enough" to catch the earliest chunks, meaning you tend to have to do some sort of retroactive repair as well.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Tree generator "richness" param still has effect without being modifiable in map creation menu AND defaults to half-

Post by Klonan »

Looks fine to me:

Progress starts at 0, as it should, and looking at the entity placement in the engine, richness is set at 1.

Can you provide further details?

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tree generator "richness" param still has effect without being modifiable in map creation menu AND defaults to half-

Post by Reika »

Testing further, I cannot reproduce it anymore either, even with the full suite of mods. Either something changed my map settings early on, or it was fixed - either in vanilla or a mod - since the map was first created in late May or early June.

Return to “Pending”