[Mod Portal, 1.1.76] New lines in mod portal summary add a box character in the ingame install tab

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

[Mod Portal, 1.1.76] New lines in mod portal summary add a box character in the ingame install tab

Post by asher_sky »

The mod portal mod summary does not appear to respect \n new line markers, and when creating new lines with the enter/return key an empty box appears in the summary of the mod's in-game install page.

I want to be able to create nice legible summaries that appear the same on the mod portal and the in-game mod browser. Specifically I want new lines to be rendered the same way.

Thanks!

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Mod Portal, 1.1.76] New lines in mod portal summary add a box character in the ingame install tab

Post by asher_sky »

some screenshots for reference:

the in-game mod manage page:
[ backstory: this is what I originally wanted, but the bold font and other rich text tags obviously didn't work on the online mod portal page, so I edited the summary on the mod portal to clean up all the rich text tags, see second screenshot ]

the online mod portal page, after I cleaned up all the rich text tags:

the in-game mod install page:

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod Portal, 1.1.76] New lines in mod portal summary add a box character in the ingame install tab

Post by lyvgbfh »

I notice you're using your custom font mod, can you reproduce without it active?

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Post by asher_sky »

Oh… lol to be honest I forgot that was enabled. I bet that‘s it, I’ll disable it later when I get home and see but I’m pretty sure that’s the cause

asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

Post by asher_sky »

So... the issues does appear to be caused by the more fonts mod, but I don't know what in the font files would be causing it, maybe a missing glyph for new-line? I'll need to look into it more, but this topic can be closed :)

Return to “Pending”