[0.6.0] some weird electricity stuff

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.6.0] some weird electricity stuff

Post by gr0mpel »

loaded a savegame and after a while i was wondering why the electric demand satisfaction wasnt at 100%.

a few values: 78 steam engines -> ~39kW; amount needed: 24kW

production was at 24kW (bar was full)
consumption was 24kW (bar at probably 70%)

but EVERYTHING was working just fine so i went for a walk and tried to figure out why.
placed a few poles at my steam engines because i thought they werent all connected. but they were.
so i ran over my factory and placed a few poles here and there..no changes.
but when i tried to view the electricity statistics at one pole. it didnt show me..it was just consumption 0w and production 0w..but EVERYTHING worked as normal
placed a pole that connected that specific one with the others and was able to view the informations..then i deleted it..and about half the factory went black out.
it was only a 2 direction connection..so no 3 poles connected. only 2. and i only deleted the one that i placed.

after replacing this specific one that caused the blackout, i right-clicked it to view the infos..same as above (bar full, bar 70%)..
but the infos screen wouldnt close anymore..walked away from it and it stayed open. could open my inventory and the menu, but on reloading the savegame the game crashed.

summary:
factory worked even though it wanst connected to the eninges but obviously consumed energy because the consumption was only 70%.
because it wasnt connected the enginges didnt produce more - therefore only 24kW prod.
connecting the specific area didnt change the prod/consumption
disconnecting it produced blackout in the specific area.
viewing the elec. info panel on a pole in that specifix area caused it to remain open and finally crash the game allthough menu(even saving the game), and inventory worked fine

really crazy stuff or im nuts :D
if u would like to see the savegame i can upload it

edit:
it seems that the specific area was only connected via a red wire (not entirely sure cause the pole-network is messy)
dont know if thats the reason/part of the probem/solution/whatever

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.6.0] some weird electricity stuff

Post by kovarex »

If you still have the save, we would be happy to inspect it.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

When I read this: dunno if this helps, but some weeks ago the creepers destroyed an important pole, which connects a big solar field. I found it and repaired, but the networks wasn't reconnected, the stats say that it is two networks, even when I tried several times to built it. I reconnected the network from another side and that worked.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

For future reference:
production was at 24kW (bar was full)
This means you're producing as much power as you can.
consumption was 24kW (bar at probably 70%)
This means you're producing 70% as much power as you need.

Return to “Pending”