[0.12.2] [slpwnd] custom maps not working in mp

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
masheene
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.2] [slpwnd] custom maps not working in mp

Post by masheene »

Using the map editor to create a custom map and loading it in a multiplayer game causes crash to desktop

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [slpwnd]custom maps not working in mp

Post by slpwnd »

Custom maps at the moment can't be run in the multiplayer. In the multiplayer you can either load (an existing game) or create (a new game from scratch). Unlike in singleplayer when you can also run custom scenario. This is a feature on our list. So my question is: What do you exactly refer to by saying "loading custom map in multiplayer"? Because actually the output of map editor has internally a slightly different format than a regular game. Hence if you moved the actual file on the hardrive to your save folder and tried to load it, that would crash the game ...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I believe they are referring to loading a custom map in single player, saving it, then loading the save in multiplayer. This is generally how we've played custom maps in 0.11, which seemed to break in 0.12

Edit: Actually, loading a 0.11 custom map and resaving as a 0.12 custom map, then doing the steps above seem to work, so it might just be a compatibility issue.

masheene
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by masheene »

yeah, weird. the 0.11 maps work when saved as 0.12 and loaded in mp but a fresh custom map wont work

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

So just to make sure we are on the same boat: Custom scenarios created in 0.11, then loaded in 0.11 single player and saved in 0.11 won't work in 0.12 multiplayer. Is that right?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I tried it and it works for me. Please post a save=)

Return to “Pending”