[0.8.8] Silly train routing

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.8.8] Silly train routing

Post by Balthazar »

Okay this one completely baffled me, noticed right after posting the other thread on diagonal tracks, i walk over and notice my coal train sitting on a station it was never supposed to enter.

This is the route the train is supposed to run, it's very small with just 4 branching paths it can take
What train supposed to do
What train supposed to do
Trainssupposed to do this.jpg (400.09 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
The path has 4 junctions, the choice in each case is trivial. Choice one the train can either head for the stop or go down the path to a dead end, didn't mess up here

Choice two the train can either take a short path leading directly to the entrance for the facility its supposed to go to, or take a massive detour that will either result in turning around and going back to enter the same junction from another direction, or after an even longer detour entering choice three from the other side.

Choice three either leads to the facility it was supposed to enter or, again, to a big detour where it can either enter choice two or three from different directions.

Choice four is either go straight to the stop its heading for with no other trains routed to it, or run off towards the sunset and enter via two or three again next thursday.

Somehow the train got this wrong.

THIS
What train do
What train do
Whattrainactuallydid.jpg (529.19 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
is what it actually did, or at least i think. It's the least retarded option, but i did not see the path it actually took,

I've seen trains at wrong stations before but never in such an irrational way. Keep in mind choice three and four are the ONLY entrances to the stop the train is trying to reach, you cannot reach the stop without passing those two choices in order, so the train should under no circumstances be deviating from this route.

I don't know what else to post here to assist with this, but this is the worst case of derp-train i've had. Please let me know if there is anything else i can do.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the stop the train was trying to pass through had a halted train sitting on it, and thus deadlocked another train trying to access another stop at the same station. I think one thing i can say for certain is that stopped trains should act like guaranteed blockers if there is any other way the train can reach the station.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.8.8] Silly train routing

Post by slpwnd »

Do you still happen to have a save for this one? Might be the same issue as https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =47&t=3199 which has been solved for the 0.10.2. But I would like to check.

Return to “Pending”