[0.12.26] inserters stop working after a while

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
niv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.26] inserters stop working after a while

Post by niv »

Hi,

seems like there's a regression somewhere. This problem is recurring for us (a multiplayer world in 0.12.26): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7828

After a while - sometimes after reloading the save, sometimes just randomly, inserters stop working. Manually rotating the inserter out of place and back into it restores functionality, at least for a while.

This only happens to SOME inserters; while others keep working perfectly fine. Situations observed where this happens:

- Un/loading train wagons into/from containers
- Inserting stuff off a belt into a assembly machine
- Smart inserters, fast inserters

We have a extensive modset, the biggest (only I can think of that would interfere with this system) is bob's mods. From what I've read, there's no way a mod can mess with the inserter system, so I'm posting this anyways in the hopes of shedding some light on this.

Let me know if you need anything!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.26] inserters stop working after a while

Post by Loewchen »

The bug in the report you linked is definitive fixed and what you describe does not fit the report anyway, as it never happens when inserting on a belt in your case.
It could be explained with the target of the inserter changing after the inserter picked up the item and now can not place it any more but that is just one possibility.

Please make some screenshots of specific situations with the "inside" of the target as well and post your Log file so we can see which mods you are using.

Greetings Loewchen

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] inserters stop working after a while

Post by kovarex »

I would guess that it is mod related, as this is not happening in the normal game.

If you post the save and the mods with explanation of what inserters exactly are not working, we can take a look.

Return to “Pending”