Rail not starting from correct place after deleting some...

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
sje319
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Rail not starting from correct place after deleting some...

Post by sje319 »

Hi there,

I have had this problem for ages, but can't seem to see anybody else having trouble, but its really annoying. I just took some screen shots in sandbox mode, the same happens when playing the actual game. When I lay some track with the automated builder, and then delete some and try and start laying again from where I have to deleted, it starts laying track from where I started deleting from. See below.

I click the green arrow to start laying track

I then build the track below

I press 'q' a couple of times to clear my 'hand' (still happens if I don't press 'q').

I then delete the track using my RMB to get to this

I then click the green arrow again at the point where I had deleted up to (where the track cursor is on the image below), and it starts adding track from the end of where I deleted from

The only way I can lay track from where I want to after deleting some is to save the game, and then load the game. It then lets me add track where I want.

Actually, I don't even have to delete some track. If I lay some track, then click a green arrow somewhere along the track to build a junction, the track layer starts at the end of the track I just finished laying, not where I clicked the green arrow.

I have the latest version with no mods. 0.14.21

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Rail not starting from correct place after deleting some...

Post by Xeanoa »

Track builder also bugs out if you mine the track on which you pressed the arrow on.

Basically, you get some track in the middle of nowhere. Ideally, it should cancel the track building assistant.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Can not reproduce, it starts laying the track at the green arrow I click on, no matter if I deleted track to that point or not.
The only way I can lay track from a different position is when I do not press "Q" after the previous placement, but then there is no green arrow and the last track is highlighted to show the current start point.
pic

sje319
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sje319 »

I uninstalled the game from steam and reinstalled. Same thing is happening. I uninstalled again and this time I deleted the C:/Users/appdata...../factorio folder. I have now reinstalled. All working as it should. Not sure if this is because I had the non steam version installed until it appeared on steam, I then installed the steam version with the key provided.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

We had that issue in the past, but only on 32-bit versions: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30735

Back then the workaround was to use the zip-version, which is essentially the same as uninstalling the game, then removing the %appdata% folder and then reinstalling the game.

Can you tell us which version you're running (32 or 64-bit) or post a log file? I'm not sure why this issue (apparently) only happens on 32-bit windows and is fixed after deleting %appdata%, but it should be resolved in 0.15 as there is no 32-bit release of it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Pending”