[0.11.3] Cyclic desync in Multiplayer

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.11.3] Cyclic desync in Multiplayer

Post by Kexík »

Description:
Hello, we discovered that robots (both logistic and construction) sometimes cause cyclic desynch and only way how to stop it is, stop robots doing what they do in short time after download.
Two examples:
1) We was two and friend came to look how i was (as host) building mine. When he came close desynch started.
First he tried run away from workplace, that didnt work, so he killed game a tried reconnect clear (after i saved and restarted game). After connect happend exactly same thing. So next he "log off" waited until construction bots finnish and then log back again, without any desynch problem.

2) We were playing another game with 4 people and i got hit by train (that happens too often to me :() after respawn we instantly got cyclic desynch (this time i got desynch i wasnt Master Client) This time nothing helped but start game again from few minutes early where train didnt killed me, but after few minutes (so that death could be just coincident) i moved down in factory to requester chest that was requesting coal and fast inserter move it to transport belt and cyclic desynch started again. After few rounds of map download I remembered first example and removed requester chest, and it worked! No more cyclic desynch.

Logs for second example:
http://we.tl/0og9nKkmaT
- it contains 13logs, before midnight was cycling after my death after midnight was cycling after restart i think

In this version cyclic desynch happens less offent and only cases i got them was because of robots.

Additional informations:
  • We all play on Windows
  • I use x64 system, others dont know but can ask if its important
  • We are playing through Tunngle

How to reproduce:
Thats thing that i dont know but, if there are robot working near and this happen you can stop it by stopping robots.

Kexík

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.3] Cyclic desync in Multiplayer

Post by kovarex »

Is it still happening in 0.11.4 ?

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

We are planning to continue tonight so i will update if it will happen again.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Just to note (in 0.11.3 at least) instruction set (x64(64bit) vs x86(32bit)) does matter, you'll get desyncs in various situations if you don't use the same version.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

bobingabout wrote:Just to note (in 0.11.3 at least) instruction set (x64(64bit) vs x86(32bit)) does matter, you'll get desyncs in various situations if you don't use the same version.
It really shouldn't, are the tests passing?

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Quick update we havent been able to connect all (after we finnale solved mystery when two people never saw eachother on tunngle so they could not played togeather T-T) probably because https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=7107 , so we didnt played

For system spec we all have win x64 and use x64 version of factorio

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

So after long time we get togeather to play again and tried old map, that was giving us cyclic desynch few version ago, but sadly it didnt change. Once 4th player connect we got desynchs. So we started new map and abadon this one.

Save from map http://we.tl/3m6pyBjcr1
No mods, 4players through Evolve, all with Windows

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

There has been quite a lot of MP fixes in 0.11.16 and some more are coming in 0.11.17. Please let us know if this still happens in 0.11.17 till then putting this to pending.

Return to “Pending”