[0.11.8] [slpwnd] Open/load game in background causes hang

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

[0.11.8] [slpwnd] Open/load game in background causes hang

Post by BlaatMekker »

[*]OS: OS X Yosemite
[*]VRAM: 1 GB
[*]RAM: 8 GB

If I CMD-Tab to another window while the game is loading, it will become unresponsive when the main menu is showing. I had the same issue with the login screen (when I hadn't provided the credentials yet).

I'm attaching sample output. I've also saved a trace (using Instruments), but I'm not sure if it can contain sensitive information.
Attachments
Sample of factorio_01.txt.zip
Backtrace
(21.94 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.8] Opening/loading game in background causes hang

Post by BlaatMekker »

Added the file, I had somehow missed the message about blocked files. Why even block text files :o

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.8] [slpwnd] Open/load game in background causes hang

Post by slpwnd »

I tried to reproduce this on both the OS X Snow Leopard and OS X Yosemite but without success. Does anyone else experience this issue?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Yes. In my opinion related to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=8446

Lately I had also the strange case, that when I restart the game then too fast (killing then restart after 1 second), this happens over and over. After waiting a while (5-10 secs) this suddenly works.
I watched it with top and saw, that the application takes so long to really be removed. Perhaps this is the reason, that there are still some background windows open or so, and factorio #1 tries to close them, while factorio #2 tries to open them with the same name? Just a stupid guess. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlaatMekker »

ssilk wrote:I watched it with top and saw, that the application takes so long to really be removed. Perhaps this is the reason, that there are still some background windows open or so, and factorio #1 tries to close them, while factorio #2 tries to open them with the same name? Just a stupid guess. ;)
Perhaps it's another sequence in which it can be triggered, but it could be something else entirely. It does not match my sequence though. I really just open Factorio after not having played for 24 hours, and then immediately cmd-tab out of it again. Well, perhaps not immediately. I've noticed recently that the game sometimes does load, but not the other time; could be timing related.

I got it reproduced again in 0.11.20, here's the debug log:
factorio-current.log

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlaatMekker »

I think that I just found another trigger. So the game had finished loading completely, and I'm in the main menu. I then first moved my mouse to the bottom of the screen, and then to the top, trying to get either the dock or menu bar to show up. It crashed as soon as the cursor hit the upper edge of the screen. I can't reproduce it, and it most likely isn't related to the issue at hand anyway.

Anyway, here's another log:
factorio-current.log

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

I have tried reproducing this issue by doing some crazy stuff during / after the loading of the game. However without any success. Can other Yosemite users reproduce this?

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlaatMekker »

I'll PM you a link to the trace output, perhaps that helps.

Return to “Pending”