[0.18.24] Saving scenario failed: ElectricNetworkSerialiser::getEnergySourceIndex, the energy source was not saved

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
mephistopheles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.24] Saving scenario failed: ElectricNetworkSerialiser::getEnergySourceIndex, the energy source was not saved

Post by mephistopheles »

It seems that whenever a powered entity is loses power, the game fails to save.

I'm running factorio 0.18.24 (I think this is the latest?) on ubuntu 19.10. Active mods are Blueprint Flip and Turn, Cheaper Landfill, Cheaper modules, and Full Power Coverage.

I've attached a save file and the log file.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.24] Saving scenario failed: ElectricNetworkSerialiser::getEnergySourceIndex, the energy source was not saved

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Looking at your save and the crash in the log file it looks like the save was corrupt at some point and is now broken. Do you know of any way to take a known working save (preferably a new one) and get it into this broken state?

There's a good chance that the issue was due to some memory corruption on your PC since the issue is so rare (never been reproducible by anyone before).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bifficus69
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.24] Saving scenario failed: ElectricNetworkSerialiser::getEnergySourceIndex, the energy source was not saved

Post by Bifficus69 »

I just had this happen too. Going to revert to a previous save and hopefully will fix. Only commenting because I'm running a special PC that I purchased optimized for Factorio (I know right?), but the guy that set it up overclocked the ram and I think that is creating errors. I have seen specific warning messages when the game crashes, which it has been doing lately.

I'm going to figure out how to set that ram back to standard speed now, but thought I would post this in case it's ever useful to staff or any other player.

Thx guys!

Return to “Pending”