[0.11.15] Same items spread across multiple storage chest

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.11.15] Same items spread across multiple storage chest

Post by dee- »

I was under the impression storage chests work this way:
Storage chests - Things only end up here under two circumstances. First, bots will empty active provider chests into storage if there are no requesters that need those things. Second, construction bots will take stuff that they dismantle to storage chests. Note that bots will try to keep storage "segregated" - that is, they will prefer to put iron ore in a chest that already has iron ore in it first. Failing that, they will look for an empty storage chest. Only if none of those are available will they put the iron ore in a chest with something else.
Now I noticed two of my chest both having the same item but in two chests, which are both not full:

At least one of them always had bot in them and for sure none of them got full with bots so no spill over.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.15] Same items spread across multiple storage ches

Post by Rseding91 »

If a chest with robots in it gets other items it can fill it and then it would start putting new robots in a different chest. Later at some point you could have requested the contents of the first chest and that left empty space in it resulting in what you're seeing. That, or you may have put robots into a chest manually causing it to happen.

Do you have any steps to reproduce what you're seeing? Without some method to reproduce it - most likely the above happened and you just didn't notice it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Rseding91 wrote:If a chest with robots in it gets other items it can fill it and then it would start putting new robots in a different chest.
I never saw any chest have two different item types in them.
And neither of these two bot chests could have gotten full as I don't have enough bots flying around to fill one chest.
Rseding91 wrote:Later at some point you could have requested the contents of the first chest and that left empty space in it resulting in what you're seeing.
Even if the first chest got empty only the second one would be refilled, leaving the first one still empty.
Rseding91 wrote:That, or you may have put robots into a chest manually causing it to happen.
All those chests are only operated by the bots. I never even opened one of these :)

It's an experiment of me as I'm currently switching from the belt-age to the logistics-bot-age.

Rseding91 wrote:Do you have any steps to reproduce what you're seeing? Without some method to reproduce it - most likely the above happened and you just didn't notice it.
I have the save here but I don't think it would help?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, until we get reproducible scenario, I don't know what to do with that.

I'm suspecting, that the roboport was off for some reason, and just the upper part was operated by the different roboport.

Return to “Pending”