[kovarex] [1.1.12] Crash trying to merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
poiuqwer78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.12] Crash trying to merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Post by poiuqwer78 »

Crash upon trying to build two belts one coming from north, one coming from south to merge to one belt going east, to fill two lanes with different products. Before the crash, an underground belt was automatically placed, but it should not do this.

In general: How can such a setup be built without triggering automatic underground belts? Only option i found was to place it differently and then rotate the individual belt segments.
how_to_build_this.png
how_to_build_this.png (113.12 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Crash report attached. as well as savefile.
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(9.43 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(829.73 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
factorio-current.log
(30.89 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

bormand
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.12] Crash trying merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Post by bormand »

Could you remember an order in which you built belts?

I built this setup (edit: in vanilla, not your save) without any problems (build an output lane, connect north, connect south). Underground appears only if I move mouse too far, onto another side of the belt.

poiuqwer78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.12] Crash trying to merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Post by poiuqwer78 »

Tried to build in different orders, always ending up with an underground belt, until it then crashed. Couldn’t build it after the crash either, except by building it such that the south belt goes down and then rotate it up

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.12] Crash trying to merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I can't simulate any crash, nor undergound belts being created when I make this setup. I would need some more detailed instructions.

poiuqwer78
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.12] Crash trying to merge two belts (UndergroundBelt::findConnectionCandidateOrBlocker)

Post by poiuqwer78 »

Hi!

Just tried to reproduce on a fresh game withouts mods, and it doesn't occur. Also, it doesnt occur on older saves with all mods activated. I found the earliest backup in which it started to show this behavior. Any later save of that map shows this behavior, it seems to be dependent on the specific savegame.

What to do:
Place a belt pointing south, and then a belt pointing north two tiles below, it creates an underground connection (it should just place the belts and leave an empty spot in the middle). Usually, this doesnt crash the game, but doing it more than once in the same spot crashes the game.

Attached the save that triggers this behavior and the new crash report. (reproduced on that savegame)

EDIT: Unfortunately, I just realized the reason it didn't happen in other saves was the lack of underground belts in the inventory. I can reproduce the behavior (not the crash) on a fresh save. Creating a single belt south and a single belt north two tiles below creates an underground belt. Not sure why.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(826.78 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
factorio-current.log
(56.61 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Krastorio 2 1.0 60.zip
(9.34 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

Return to “Pending”