[1.1.19] Hang On Save

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
darklich14
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.19] Hang On Save

Post by darklich14 »

AssemblyStorm's server is occasionally hanging on connect/save. We have a small amount of rcon code for discord chat sync, but otherwise are 100% vanilla. We launch huge numbers of rockets per week as a goal, so I consider the server to be a pretty important part of the factorio ecosystem. Anyway, we have half a dozen veteran players sitting here doing nothing because the save is hung. I know this is a duplicate bug likely, but I hope to add momentum on the importance of this issue. Please advise.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-02-03 01-27-02.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-03 01-27-02.png (56.59 KiB) Viewed 1592 times

dbt0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.19] Hang On Save

Post by dbt0 »

This appears to be similar to this bug which I've seen before on other multiplayer servers that I believe still happens.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79067&p=481747

One interesting note -- the hanging player waited for so long to connect that two more players joined behind them, and when the first player canceled the other two players were able to connect. If I had to guess (and I'm just guessing!) there's some kind of race between the save completed state and the disconnecting/ed state that happens on the main loop.

I'm fairly certain we could reproduce this on a server under your control within an hour or so.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log of a session with the issue and steps to reproduce it, see 3638.

dbt0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dbt0 »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:11 pm
Post the log of a session with the issue and steps to reproduce it, see 3638.
Steps to reproduce:

- Run a multiuser server.
- Have users with heterogeneous, possibly globally disparate network connections connect to the server.
- When nobody is actively connecting to the server, have a user disconnect and reconnect.

Eventually a user will hang during connect. That's it. It happens somewhere around every 20-100 connection attempts.

Server logs will need to be uploaded separately. But notice that logs were uploaded in the previous bug I linked to above.

Return to “Pending”