[1.1.30] Crash on start of headless

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
SD2Engineer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.30] Crash on start of headless

Post by SD2Engineer »

1. What did you do: While playing (on my laptop) a game hosted on my server (ubuntu 20.04) located in my local network.
2. What happened? the game reported "server not responding". While this was happening I pinged the server and I was able to access it just fine (~50ms ping). Reviewing systemctl indicated that the game had crashed and was continually crashing upon restart. This happened continually until rebooting the server. Once I rebooted the server the game loaded without issue and I was able to log in to play.
3. What did you expect to happen instead? I had expected the game would not crash and allow me to continue happily building my factory :-)

I am running several mods:
aai industry
aai signal transmission
grappling gun
informatron
jetpack
robot attrition
space exploration graphics
combad mechanics overhaul
equipment gantry
moduleinserter
space exploration
Attachments
SpaceExplorationServerStart2021.04.02.zip
(15.63 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
factorio-2021.04.13crash.log
(128.43 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.30] Crash on start of headless

Post by Klonan »

Has it happened since? the Crash is in quite an odd place, I would be likely to believe its a 1 in a million random OS error

SD2Engineer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.30] Crash on start of headless

Post by SD2Engineer »

It has happened since (haven't pulled the logs yet), but I'm inclined to think you're right it's an OS error or hardware issue. There are various other odd things which happen to this server (random significant drop in network performance, display not kicking on, etc.).

Thanks for the quick response!

Return to “Pending”