Version 1.1.92

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.92

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added a notification when a technology is researched.
  • Added /enable-research-queue console command to enable the research queue without disabling achievements.
Changes
  • The research queue is enabled by default for new games.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that pumpjacks would not show the correct status when they were stopped due to full fluid output. (107907)
  • Fixed that sync-mods-with-save would download the latest mod version regardless of the mod's base dependency. (106289)
Modding
  • Added ResourceEntityPrototype::cliff_removal_probability defaulting to 1.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

_CodeGreen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.92

Post by _CodeGreen »

Can't wait for the onslaught of posts praising the research queue change...
My Mods | If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:37 pm
Minor Features
Added a notification when a technology is researched.
Added /enable-research-queue console command to enable the research queue without disabling achievements.
Changes
The research queue is enabled by default for new games.
Introducing stuff from the FFF before 2.0! You are spoiling us!
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

woa that research queue change is great !

Even though i'm not sure it's 100% realistic because in real life you don't know what you are going to research after your current research since it's often time the result your current research that will decide the future research. :mrgreen:

_CodeGreen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _CodeGreen »

mmmPI wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:51 pm
woa that research queue change is great !

Even though i'm not sure it's 100% realistic because in real life you don't know what you are going to research after your current research since it's often time the result your current research that will decide the future research. :mrgreen:
may I interest you in the Discovery Tree mod?
My Mods | If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

_CodeGreen wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 pm
You just did ! I was sarcastic in my previous comment and have actually 0 reserve for the research queue being always on. This mods sounds pretty interesting but i'm also an avid FNEI user when playing with large unknown mod and i think the latter would reveal the receipes before they are available to research despite the discovery tree mod.

Maybe another playthrough :)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

mmmPI wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:14 pm
_CodeGreen wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 pm
You just did ! I was sarcastic in my previous comment and have actually 0 reserve for the research queue being always on. This mods sounds pretty interesting but i'm also an avid FNEI user when playing with large unknown mod and i think the latter would reveal the receipes before they are available to research despite the discovery tree mod.

Maybe another playthrough :)
You can choose the "Show only available recipes" or whatever it was called option in FNEI's settings to fix that. :-)

Although the filter menu just in vanilla factorio outright...

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:50 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Minor Features
Added a notification when a technology is researched.
Added /enable-research-queue console command to enable the research queue without disabling achievements.
Changes
The research queue is enabled by default for new games.
Introducing stuff from the FFF before 2.0! You are spoiling us!
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see these already, too!
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

OvermindDL1 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:20 pm
You can choose the "Show only available recipes" or whatever it was called option in FNEI's settings to fix that. :-)

Perfect ! I'm going to make my playthrough super realistic ! I always used FNEI to ease planning a little and never understood why there was such option as it seemed to defeat the purpose of using FNEI in the first place but it all make sense now. :idea:

I'm not sure what you mean by the filter menu thing ? I'm assuming you mean i'll be able to peak at the future when cliking a splitter or a filter inserter (or circuit network). For my current playthrough i don't mind, it's a seablock, with like 10 receipes for coal, so hiding the later receipe i feel is enough of a difficulty increase already but i see where it could spoil the discovery tree mod.

Also i have a (non-serious) suggestion for more realism : the cost of the research should be hidden and sometimes the research should fail and you shouldn't know beforehand what the research would give as benefit, because in real life science i feel is much more random than in the game :mrgreen:

Dragonisser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dragonisser »

Praise the Devs 🙌

NIronwolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NIronwolf »

There is also a setting to toggle in the interface section of the base game to hide recipes you don't know when setting filters. Filters being your hot bar, a filter inserter, those sort of places.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

NIronwolf wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:45 am
There is also a setting to toggle in the interface section of the base game to hide recipes you don't know when setting filters. Filters being your hot bar, a filter inserter, those sort of places.
Thanks for telling me, i tried my best and found the setting to hide locked item from filter menu, added the discovery tree mod, and tried to turn off FNEI's ability to show me locked or disabled receipe.

Unfortunatly, that filter setting which does apply on hot bar and filter inserter doesn't apply to FNEI's window itself when selecting an item. So i can see their icon and know they exist, while not being able to see their receipe nor the tech path required to get there which was the point. At this point it's just about FNEI though.

I also enabled the research queue too, and didn't get any notification but it does work :)

I'm not sure more realistic science is a good idea but i will find out.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Since I have played Industrial Revolution, I treated its sub-mod Deadlock's Research Notifications as a must-have :
So I am glad that its functionality has been integrated in the base game ! :D
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Aiue
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aiue »

FactorioBot wrote:
Minor Features
This introduces double sounds whenever a technology is researched. Being able to disable this notification would be great!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:27 pm
Since I have played Industrial Revolution, I treated its sub-mod Deadlock's Research Notifications as a must-have :
So I am glad that its functionality has been integrated in the base game ! :D
Mine was prettier.
Aiue wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:24 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Minor Features
This introduces double sounds whenever a technology is researched. Being able to disable this notification would be great!
Yeah. I used to have chat sounds turned off all the time but given that we got a silent print to console function in the API in the very next experimental release, it would make sense not to play the "doodle-doo" print sound at exactly the same time as the "dun der-der dum" tech finished sound, regardless of the chat sound setting.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:38 pm
... it would make sense not to play the "doodle-doo" print sound at exactly the same time as the "dun der-der dum" tech finished sound, regardless of the chat sound setting.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:38 pm
Mine was prettier.
Indeed. :D For 2.0 we added technology rich text tag for this purpose which would open the linked technology after being clicked. We just didn't want to backport it to 1.1 because it would take time and could introduce some bugs.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

mmmPI wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:28 am
I'm not sure more realistic science is a good idea but i will find out.
For the sake of completedness, it was a fun playthrough with the discovery tree mod. Not seeing the far away technology makes it easier to focus on setting up the just available things instead of piling research, sure there is the research queue, but you can't queue vertically, to go deeper, only horizontally. So it often provide opportunity to reconsider the queue when a technology unlock something that seem more desirable, it create a surprise element, and it made me wonder all the time "is this good receipe ?" instead of "knowing" that the later tech are better and knowing there is one available in 3 hours or so. And the feeling that "it's not worth refactoring this now" wasn't there, felt like it made me more productive.

I didn't thought it would be giving ease, more like masochist/pressure, but it didn't felt like a restriction a bit like you don't miss what you don't know exist somehow . Even if it was not my firstplaythrough with the modpack i knew things would be availble later, sometimes they were locked for long time. I had set it up so i could see 2 level deep, meaning techs available for research, and tech for which i have at least 1 prerequisite, i think, so sometimes i was able to see a tech, but not the path to get it, only part of it. And i had to think "which one of the available research will unlock the other prerequisite for the tech i'm seeing ? ".

Glad i heard of it !

Return to “Releases”