kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.8.4

Post by kovarex »

After 0.8.3, it felt like this:

So we have made some fixes:
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed fast rebuilding from non empty container to logistic container.
    • Fixed several bugs in the logistic robots job assignment logic.
    • Fixed few "Input handler inconsistency" errors.
    • Fixed occasional black lines when moving in the map editor.
    • Fixed error in selecting tile variation logic. This was causing ocasional game crashes.
  • Changes:
    • Maximum of 10 magazines can be put into the gun turrets by inserters.
    • Limit updater timeout to 10 seconds (prevents hanging when for instance antivirus interrupts communication).
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental as usual, or by automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.8.4

Post by BurnHard »

...ingame testing :D

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Mmmm image from a spanishweb.. :3
Last edited by ficolas on Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Awesome!

Hm, two things I noticed while updating things. 1) when you list the mod names for items/entities you use the name field instead of title (so it's 'blast-mining' rather than "Blast Mining") intentional?, and second (since I use a lot of mods) it would be nice if the "error while loading prototype", etc. messages listed the mod/file if possible :)

Also not sure what's going on (removed all mods to be sure), but I can't seem to click on the armor at all, in a new game at least. Once I get armor it's there forever, or until it breaks I guess (well, beyond armor.clear()), and no opening of GUI with modular/power armor. I thought that was fixed...I haven't played much to know if it was an issue in my 8.3 to be honest. I'm going to download a fresh zip (used updater) to see if that 'fixes' it. If not I'll post in bug reports with a save.

edit: ok, fresh. no issues :)

edit2: ah, I think I narrowed it down now. It seems that I used testmode to insert the armor, it automatically went into the armor spot (but it didn't actually update the GUI? guessing) but I could not click on it. removing it (by clearing playerarmor) and actually crafting any piece of armor makes it work like it should, even for subsequent player.inserts. So, not a bug most people would have :)

love the images btw
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Seems stable so far, but something minor:

I used to insert modules via shift-click into my assembling machines and furnaces. That command filled up all slots with the selected module. Now when shift-clicking nothing happens:)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

BurnHard wrote:I used to insert modules via shift-click into my assembling machines and furnaces. That command filled up all slots with the selected module. Now when shift-clicking nothing happens:)
I tried it and it works for me (with the exception when the module is the ingredient in the recipe).

Narnach
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Narnach »

Thank you once again for an update!

I've started a new freeplay game (default settings) and played for about 7 hours. Went my usual coal -> solar route. I think I was running 100% solar after about 4 hours.
Currenly I have a nice base with automated research for red/green/blue potions, 5 roboports, double walls and laser turrets. I like it when creepers attack the walls and a few seconds later the repair bots fix the little dents they made.

So far, this release seems stable for me on Win7 64 bit.
Identity is cheap, reputation is priceless.

Let's Player over at https://youtube.com/narnach

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

kovarex wrote:I tried it and it works for me (with the exception when the module is the ingredient in the recipe).
Hello, I haven't been specific enough. When you take the modules "into the hand" so that the module is now the mouse cursor. When you now shift-click in the empty module slot, nowthing happens any more. Before it filled up all empty slots with the Module "in the hand".

By the way, wouldnt it be handy to empty all module Slots via "shift-click" when there are modules equipped? Or to change all old modules in the assembling machine via shift click to the new ones in the hand or clicked at. At the Moment I have to take them out one by one.

Return to “Releases”