Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.8.5

Post by kovarex »

Hello, another series of fixes is here.
Happy new year 2014.

The linux release is delayed again for technical reasons for a few days.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed unstable game state (savegame/exit crashes) after player re-enters logistically covered area after removing roboport covering him.
    • Fixed bug that logistic robots ignored the player covered by freshly built roboport, until the player moved.
    • Fixed confused logistic/construction robots accessing logistic chest with limited part containing items. Robots can take items even from the limited part of the chest now. But still can't insert to the limited part.
    • Don't allow anything other than repair packs in the roboport material slots.
    • Fixed wrong calculation of items used by crafting when the needed item was in the cursor.
    • When logistic chest / player looses logistic cover (roboport mined or destroyed) orders for logistic robots delivering into this object are properly removed.
    • Better reassignment of logistic robots to logistic networks when the network was split.
    Changes:
    • Red and green wires go to the quickbar by default.
    • Disabled the Escape key in the finished game dialog.
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental as usual, or by automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases.

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.8.5

Post by JackGruff »

Great!

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Do these bugs not exist in the Linux builds?
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Why do you ask? o_O
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

Because I recently got Linux booting on my gaming machine (an obscure BIOS bug was "fixed"), and everything plays but I'd rather not spend time playing Factorio if my save is going to get corrupted.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Valkor wrote:Do these bugs not exist in the Linux builds?
yes, at least I assume so since it's the same code and this ↓
kovarex wrote:The linux release is delayed again for technical reasons for a few days.
Which would imply that they are working on getting this version out to linux as well. I wonder if linux is more problematic because of the OS itself or because the devs have less experience programming for it? I can't remember

partially offtopic: Linux for a gaming rig? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps there are more games for linux than I remember.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

FreeER wrote:
Valkor wrote:Do these bugs not exist in the Linux builds?
yes, at least I assume so since it's the same code and this ↓
kovarex wrote:The linux release is delayed again for technical reasons for a few days.
Which would imply that they are working on getting this version out to linux as well. I wonder if linux is more problematic because of the OS itself or because the devs have less experience programming for it? I can't remember
My eyes totally glazed over that bit. My bad. Had I seen it I would have given it another week before posting anything. I'd imagine it's more problematic because they haven't made a build system for it, therefor more effort is needed. Who knows, though. I do all of my work in Linux so I'd have the same issues with building Windows programs (I do well to not have Visual Studio explode).
FreeER wrote:partially offtopic: Linux for a gaming rig? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps there are more games for linux than I remember.
Moreso than just "more games", all the ones I care about run in it perfectly fine. No more running Windows and having Linux in a VM to do my work, now I can just run everything natively in Linux. Suffice it to say this thing isn't just for gaming.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

The recent delays of linux versions were caused by holidays, my slow internet connection and simillar stuff, sorry for that.
There should be no delays now, but it looks like 0.8.5 won't be released for linux at all and we will go directly to 0.8.6 in a day or two.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Return to “Releases”