Version 0.13.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
rnorris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.1

Post by rnorris »

I used a console command to enable the flamethrower turret while waiting for the research bug to be fixed. Now achievements are disabled. Is there a way to clear the 'console command used' flag and re-enable them?

Unoxxis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unoxxis »

rnorris wrote:I used a console command to enable the flamethrower turret while waiting for the research bug to be fixed. Now achievements are disabled. Is there a way to clear the 'console command used' flag and re-enable them?
Yes. Restart the map.

On a more serious note. If that would be possible - then there is no point in disabling the achievements upon console and mod use in the first place...

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Problem: When trying to play campaign missions, the game crashes. Platform: Linux.

xR1C0x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xR1C0x »

Still can't use a favorite map with "map Strings codes" from older version.
:cry: :cry: :!: :?:

Maverick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Maverick »

Thanks for all the FAST fixes and patches!! 500 hours in this game and STILL loving it! :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

angrynuns wrote:Damn it game show me the performance. I need to know.
From the picture you attached, it seems you are playing with unreasonably big ui scale, while your screen resolution is pretty small, change ui scale to 100% and you will see more.

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wuppy29 »

I still have the problem where "Research" is not on screen:

I'm playing on 1080p, full screen on a GTX 970.

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Have this wired issue that if I drive a train to a station (with the drive to command in the train) and set to to manual after it stops it doesn't load the train ... not till I tap W OR S (train literally moves a pixel if at all)
---------------------------
xR1C0x wrote:Still can't use a favorite map with "map Strings codes" from older version.
:cry: :cry: :!: :?:
Think the map generation has change. But too lazy to test.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

wuppy29 wrote:I still have the problem where "Research" is not on screen:

I'm playing on 1080p, full screen on a GTX 970.
Indeed the same problem on a Macintosh - tried everything.
No matter what UI resolution is set in the technologies preferences as the very screen seems to disregard the setting.
But funnily not all of them are the same:

- some pages show the full button,
- some cut off buttons and
- some do not show any button at all.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

I am also having the same problem where the research button is off to the right off the screen. UI scale is set to system default (100%) and it was working last night on 13.0. Thankfully there button is there enough that I can click it, but it's definitely wrong.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Unoxxis wrote:
rnorris wrote:I used a console command to enable the flamethrower turret while waiting for the research bug to be fixed. Now achievements are disabled. Is there a way to clear the 'console command used' flag and re-enable them?
Yes. Restart the map.

On a more serious note. If that would be possible - then there is no point in disabling the achievements upon console and mod use in the first place...
But there is no point to disabling achievments for using console in the first place.
And achievments aren't disabled by using mods. You can still get them, but they are saved separately. And mods are more powerful than commands because they can run any command and also read resource files. So by using commands you shouldn't get achievments disabled, just added to the mod or command used category.

Please fix? I don't see why I can't use command in my modded saves and get achievements in just like normal modded games. I could even make a mod that gives me a text input field and runs the text inserted as a command exactly like typing /c command, and that wouldn't disable achievements! Pointless limitation is pointless.
"fence-post security". That's where you build a very tall fencepost in the middle of the desert. People don't climb the fencepost, they just walk around it.
... or a mod that gives all achievements instantly
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

The reworked terrain generation / segmentation in 0.13.1 is running amok in berserk mode. (I like starting from scratch in vanilla)
Most of the time at least one resource is either totally missing or otherwise as unpleasant placed as possible, to say the least. No matter what settings.
®ytsejam's quotation

"It's like someone just took this map and wiped their *** with it.
Lots of annoying small ponds in the starting area too.."

may be a drastic description but in a nutshell comes quite close :P
Last edited by brunzenstein on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Filias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Filias »

Map generation needs some fix. I have to regenerate map at least 50times to get some decent results. Sometimes massive stone and oil deposits with nothing else.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

iamwyza wrote:I am also having the same problem where the research button is off to the right off the screen. UI scale is set to system default (100%) and it was working last night on 13.0. Thankfully there button is there enough that I can click it, but it's definitely wrong.
I figured out the case. For some research tech it provides a small blurb (for example look at Character logistic trash slots 2), but for others it does not (see worker robot speed 3). The research with the blurb pushes the research button off to the side. My guess is that the text element that contains the description is actually being set to nearly the width of the mini window there and pushing the button to the right.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

It where good, when in the Research Screen the hotkey "r" will start the research.
I case we dont see the Button it will help a lot.

slindenau
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by slindenau »

"Watch your step" achievement still doesn't seem to work properly: viewtopic.php?p=174506#p174506
My mod: "Auto Deploy Destroyers" (follower robots) viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Someone should rename the MOD subforum "MODS for 0.13"

viewforum.php?f=190

edit: Or is it staying on 0.12 cos thats the stable?
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ghoulish wrote:Someone should rename the MOD subforum "MODS for 0.13"

viewforum.php?f=190

edit: Or is it staying on 0.12 cos thats the stable?
See klonan's response here : viewtopic.php?f=89&t=13326&start=10#p174353
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

inick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by inick »

Hello,

I think the research tree has been reworked (pretty sure), including new values for quantities of Science Packs, and reordered dependency. Why is solar energy locked behind Oil & Plastics if neither Oil products (Plastics, Batteries, Lubricant) are not needed in the recipe for Solar Energy? Steel, Green Circuits, and Copper. Please consider re-evaluating the tree. Solar needs to be unlocked earlier.

In addition, the new GUI for research is still buggy, I find the research button itself often partially unavailable on the right of the screen. I saw the note to use 'R' to start the research, and will try that.

Loving the new additions, but some things were not expected, can we have a look at it?

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ytsejam »

brunzenstein wrote:The reworked terrain generation / segmentation in 0.13.1 is running amok in berserk mode. (I like starting from scratch in vanilla)
Most of the time at least one resource is either totally missing or otherwise as unpleasant placed as possible, to say the least. No matter what settings.
®ytsejam's quotation

"It's like someone just took this map and wiped their *** with it.
Lots of annoying small ponds in the starting area too.."

may be a drastic description but in a nutshell comes quite close :P
Yeah, that's the only thing bothering me. Anyway, I understand it's an experimental release from an unfinished game. I just wanted some confirmation that current 0.13.x map generation is bugged, not a "new feature" (nothing about it in changelog, but still...)

Return to “Releases”