A void Pipe

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A void Pipe

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

Id like to see a void pipe created, that could be attached to the end of a line or on to a tank that once the tank is "FULL" the pipe would recognize this and take out and delete a small amount of liquids. Allowing other fluids to keep running and not forcing us to have tons of storage tanks or picking up tanks and replacing them. This should only be available after T2 tanks (10k) storage is reached other wise there is no need to advance beyond the 5k storage mark.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A void Pipe

Post by kyranzor »

Mate, just dump the excess liquid into the ocean. None of this void business.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

You can use any liquid to run a steam engine, so just have a separate system with a few radars to have a draw of power, and use the liquid instead of water!

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

kyranzor wrote:Mate, just dump the excess liquid into the ocean. None of this void business.

How can u Dump it back into the Ocean =?
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

berni1212 wrote:
kyranzor wrote:Mate, just dump the excess liquid into the ocean. None of this void business.

How can u Dump it back into the Ocean =?
You can not do this. But I bet a mod can make a "pump" which goes down into the water instead of up, and the liquids are removed/deleted at a certain rate.. maybe with a slider bar for units/second would be nice.

JLBShecky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JLBShecky »

Well let me point out two existing mods that let you remove excess fluids:

Rseding91's Fluid Void it is a little overpowered in my opinion as it is extremely cheep costing only pipes to make, but it works and if you want to you can increase the recipe cost. It is just a simple pipe that will delete any fluids that enter it.

Kirk's Offshore dump on the other hand works like an inverse version of the pump and requires that you place it on water just like a pump. It takes up more room and isn't able to remove water as fast as a fluid void pipe, making it a little more balanced depending on the usage. It does suffer from the issue that it currently has a bug where dumps will stop working after load a game and they have to be placed back down to start working again so I can't fully recommend it.

But there are two example's of mods that are both capable of getting rid of excess fluids.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

JLBShecky wrote:Well let me point out two existing mods that let you remove excess fluids:

Rseding91's Fluid Void it is a little overpowered in my opinion as it is extremely cheep costing only pipes to make, but it works and if you want to you can increase the recipe cost. It is just a simple pipe that will delete any fluids that enter it.

Kirk's Offshore dump on the other hand works like an inverse version of the pump and requires that you place it on water just like a pump. It takes up more room and isn't able to remove water as fast as a fluid void pipe, making it a little more balanced depending on the usage. It does suffer from the issue that it currently has a bug where dumps will stop working after load a game and they have to be placed back down to start working again so I can't fully recommend it.

But there are two example's of mods that are both capable of getting rid of excess fluids.

Thanks sir :)
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”