Parking Lots

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Parking Lots

Post by Blu3wolf »

G'day all,

Im presently using the Roadworks mod for this, but Im wanting a way to build dedicated parking lots. Possibly altering the texture would work, but ideally I would like to have regular asphalt as one recipe, and parking lots as another.

Id be pretty happy with an end game that just has you making parking lots really, sorta inspired by this video (NSFW, NSFH, MayRequireBrainBleach) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8

any suggestions? Id be open to having a go at adding it myself, if someone could give me pointers as to how Id do that.

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Parking Lots

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

Let me preface by saying I'm not questioning your suggestion. It's something a lot of people have thought of, and having handy roads and parking lots would be cool.

What I am questioning, is just how exactly is it you get parking lots as an idea from watching that video. Or maybe I'm not asking that, I may not want to know.
Either way, there was a mod for 10.x that tried keeping car on roads, which is probably similar to how you would handle parking lots. I never tested the mod so I don't know how it works, but if you want a take a stab at making it yourself, it may be helpful.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hilit=road
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

I assume I linked the right one...

Maybe I didnt. Past me is always screwing up like that.

In the video I meant to link, some pretty upstanding dudes are in the process of making a parking lot and get interrupted. Shenanigans ensue. I like parking lots. Factorio (typically) involves mass deforestation. I want end game goals for Factorio. BING BING BING = association formed!

I will probably take a look at it. Really I just want something like asphalt from RoadWorks, but with a parking lot texture on it. Ill probably get around to working out how to add that at some point :)

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

That video....GOSH.... :cry:
It was horriffic :O!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”