Belt-End Presenter/Collecter/Sampler

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
theBeave
Inserter
Inserter

Belt-End Presenter/Collecter/Sampler

Post by theBeave »

As we know, 0.12 made the change that belts now have to occupy the inserter pickup zone for goods to be sourced. This limits the potential variety of any given tile to 2 products (one per lane of the belt)

In 0.11, it would have been possible to have up to four belts aimed at a blank tile, from which an inserter could pull material from any of the eight lanes of goods. This scenario allowed the potential for an inserter to access up to eight different items. Since the assembler into which the inserter would place things 'requested' the goods, no jam presented itself.

Idea:
A 1x1 block that gathers and offers one item from each belt lane to the inserter pulling from that tile. Think a slipstream cheat in the sense that belts feed directly into the tile without power or mechanical assistance. However, instead of gathering hundreds of the items and outputting them, it only collects one from each lane at a time for the inserter.

The Presenter piece should only ever offer one item from each lane to avoid triggering stack size bonuses. Though an upgraded item could be designed for that very purpose.

I liked the old setup of being able to feed multiple belts toward the same tile and letting the inserter pull what it needs. To replicate the functionality, some investment should be made since this is an 'improvement' beyond normal gameplay (I am not looking to bend the game back to the way I want, I will pay for the privilege of multiple items)
Presenter Chest Idea
Presenter Chest Idea
Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 6.23.02 AM.png (562.63 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
((Granted, the 0.11 layout is a bit overkill and not all that efficient. It is arranged to highlight the maximum potential of making items available to a single inserter))

Perhaps a name like 'Sampler' or 'Itemizer' might better convey its intended purpose.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Belt-End Presenter/Collecter/Sampler

Post by L0771 »

Here good man

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”