[REQUEST] "Pick-up Bots"

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
morganismad1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[REQUEST] "Pick-up Bots"

Post by morganismad1 »

I have recently found that getting near to end game, it get's boring having to run round going to each alien hive just to get some alien artifacts so that you can get some of the late game tech. However i found this mod (See the bottom) which allows the random dropping of alien artifacts at the death of an alien. I thought a great way to save time and effort would be to use this mod to create a wall of turrets around a hive at which every time the aliens spawn, they will aggro. This way they are in a way farmed for these artifacts however there is one problem. Having to wait around and collect the artifacts yourself can be boring and dangerous. I would like to suggest a mod which introduces a 3rd kind of robot, The "Pick-up Bot". This bot is simply able to be set to pick up certain items like Requester chests, and take them to either the nearest chest available, or where ever the item is needed. This can be used for all sorts of things but my main focus would be so that it can pickup these alien artifacts without having to waste y own time or risk my own life.

Please let me know if anyone else likes the sound of this and or/if anyone does make a mod for this.
Many thanks!

Link to Alien artifact loot mod: http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/alien-artefact-loot

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] "Pick-up Bots"

Post by Supercheese »

There are a couple mods that tackle this problem, but a favorite of mine is: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23074

morganismad1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by morganismad1 »

That mod is exactly what i'm looking for except whenever i try to load up my game with that mod in i get an error saying "Error in assignID, item with name 'electronic-processing-board' does not exist." Any tips on how to fix?

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Is that the name of the electronic board in Bobs Electronics? It might have that as a dependency.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”