Automated Deconstruction.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Automated Deconstruction.

Post by The Phoenixian »

So this has been kind of touched on in the outpost logistics thread but I wanted to expand on it.

I'd like to have a means, or several, of automatically sending deconstruction requests under certain circumstances.

While a versatile and involved method that could deconstruct whole outposts would be of interest though the one I want to propose is pretty simple.

Every time an electric mine completely mines out it's current field (by showing itself as having zero expected resources), I'd like it to give itself a deconstruction request. It's small and it's incomplete as automatic methods go, but it wouldn't be at all complicated to route a deconstructed object back into the logistics network so I think it could be a fairly useful start to automated deconstruction.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Automated Deconstruction.

Post by ssilk »

I think something like regular check if a miner is depleted, a belt/pole is used could be done as mod. Should I move this to mod-requests?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

ssilk wrote:I think something like regular check if a miner is depleted, a belt/pole is used could be done as mod. Should I move this to mod-requests?
Sure, why not?
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from suggestions, leaving a link-article
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”