Multiplayer Starting Areas! - Everyone has their own spawn.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Multiplayer Starting Areas! - Everyone has their own spawn.

Post by Kane »

It would be really cool if there was a mod that made it so everyone would have their own spawn and resources. Clearly it's a bad time with crashing and bugs but it be a good time if one the mod makers takes a look at it. That way we can suggest any kind of API Changes we might need so we can create such a mod sooner then later :)

You might need to consider changing the biter code as well and put them out further for multiplying. Just because you don't want a poor bastard surrounded completely.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Starting Areas! - Everyone has their own spa

Post by cartmen180 »

The api changes will come because the devs already stated they want to make teams. So my guess is that when those changes rollout it will be accompanied with the teams ^^
Check out my mods

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

I wonder how this would work with infinite worlds.

You'd have to be near enough to find each other, but not so near you don't have space to expand. Suppose that's easy enough to solve with spawning a set distance from each other. Would require some additional logic to avoid island spawns though, nowhere to place the other players if the first one is surrounded by an ocean.

And all the terrain in between each spawn would have to be generated at the start to ensure the edges match up. Hmm, or does it? If it's deterministic and generates the same terrain at the same coordinates regardless of when or from where you approach it, it'll inherently match up.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

They plan to have different "levels" of terrain. Like in Starcraft. That way the game can block the way to other players up to a stage, where the players can remove it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Has there been any sort of mod yet to spread players around? Been quite a long time we want to play with each other but not near each other so we have our own starting / base areas.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”