[Request] Smart-inserter style train control

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Request] Smart-inserter style train control

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

I'm not sure if this is possible to do currently.

But what I'd like to do is to be able to set up my trains so they only leave a station when (x amount of time has passed) {and}/{or} [({less than} / {greater than} y of z item is in the train) {and}/{or} ({less than} / {greater than} v of w item is in the train), etc, etc.]

Is this possible? Alternatively, what about a signal that is overridden to red when a wire signal is active?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Smart-inserter style train control

Post by n9103 »

Possible with the Smart Circuits mod, particularly the OmniActivator.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Afaik you can't override a signal.

There is also a simple mod by JLBShecky: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 07&p=40927
It hasn't been updated to utilize "ontrainchangedstate" and still operates on a timer, though.

JLBShecky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JLBShecky »

MF- wrote:Afaik you can't override a signal.

There is also a simple mod by JLBShecky: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 07&p=40927
It hasn't been updated to utilize "ontrainchangedstate" and still operates on a timer, though.
I never actually got around to actually making said idea into an actual mod and as it stands the thread is nothing more than a bit of documentation on how to implement the idea. Although I am apt to want to say that the reason that I haven't released something is because of the current custom GUI instability stuff and such, if I am completely honest the main reason is that I really haven't felt the passion/interest to do any modding of any kind for some time now, and I don't want to start something only to abandon it to quickly, as I know I am apt to potentially do if I know myself at all.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”