Help PVP in need

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ALLPRO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Help PVP in need

Post by ALLPRO »

Can someone please make a pvp mod that would make my day thank you. :)

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Help PVP in need

Post by keyboardhack »

ALLPRO wrote:Can someone please make a pvp mod that would make my day thank you. :)
Confirming that this is all the information there is needed, to make the mod that makes your day...

Jokes aside you have to be more specfic. First of, what kind of pvp do you want? AFAWK we could assume that you want a car racing mod because that is also player versus player. Even assuming that it should be combat related isn't enough. would you like the ability the send armies of biters against your enemies bases or do you want long range missiles to inflict mass destruction from afar? We all have an idea of how a mod should work and modders really like to hear what your thoughts are aswell. The hard part about modding(for me) is to get the good and unique ideas that becomes an awesome addition to the game.
Waste of bytes : P

ALLPRO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ALLPRO »

keyboardhack wrote:
ALLPRO wrote:Can someone please make a pvp mod that would make my day thank you. :)
Confirming that this is all the information there is needed, to make the mod that makes your day...

Jokes aside you have to be more specfic. First of, what kind of pvp do you want? AFAWK we could assume that you want a car racing mod because that is also player versus player. Even assuming that it should be combat related isn't enough. would you like the ability the send armies of biters against your enemies bases or do you want long range missiles to inflict mass destruction from afar? We all have an idea of how a mod should work and modders really like to hear what your thoughts are aswell. The hard part about modding(for me) is to get the good and unique ideas that becomes an awesome addition to the game.
yeah sorry was in a rush, but yes i would love to the ability to send armies of biters against your enemies bases, and well to sum it all up i would like it like Factorio PvP #1 - Xterminator vs. FishSandwich http://youtu.be/INhFHKAVvIE thanks

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Well, obviously either fishsandwich or xecutor has already made that mod ;)
But if rule out fancy bitter spawning all you need for such mod is

Code: Select all

require "defines"
game.onevent(defines.onplayercreated,function(event)
 if event.playerindex%2==0 then
  game.players[event.playerindex].character.force=game.forces.enemy
 end
end)
Also next major release will support independent players.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Adil wrote:all you need for such mod is
Close :) There is also, currently, an issue of when players respawn their character is returned with the game.forces.player force, so a little bit of work also needs to be done in onentitydied to detect that and then fix it in ontick (player doesn't have a new character yet in onentitydied). Otherwise players' might return to their base and get killed by their own defense :)
some code
From what I've seen of the PvP let's play they've also added item and recipe prototypes for the enemies so that they can be created. Theoretically some control.lua 'magic' could also be worked using unit groups and commands, but I haven't really worked with those so...

edit: you know, I've no idea if that leads to lost items or not... if so it could be fixed by 'saving' the map of character inventory contents and reinserting on force correction (or 'dropping' them on ground where the entity died).

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

FreeER wrote:edit: you know, I've no idea if that leads to lost items or not... if so it could be fixed by 'saving' the map of character inventory contents and reinserting on force correction (or 'dropping' them on ground where the entity died).
All items are lost when you die, so that's not really an issue. ;)
ALLPRO wrote:yeah sorry was in a rush, but yes i would love to the ability to send armies of biters against your enemies bases, and well to sum it all up i would like it like Factorio PvP #1 - Xterminator vs. FishSandwich http://youtu.be/INhFHKAVvIE thanks
Well, since this has been requested so much, I've decided to release the MOD publicly, so here you go. :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”