Mod Development: Alien Queen+Mad Science mods

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod Development: Alien Queen+Mad Science mods

Post by Alien_Squasher »

So I am starting development on two mods, Alien Queen, and Mad science. They do what their names suggest, however I do want to outline what these mods will do:

Alien Queen will add in a new mob, the Alien queen, with the option of researching several new machines and processes which allow you to utilize alternative sources of energy, minerals and machines that are more expensive, but do not, or produce less pollution, with the option of peace being an extremely expensive and high tier research (Prerequisites of researching biter communication etc.). Or if you're feeling like not dropping those resources into research and implementing the processes which I outlined you can go on a long, incredibly difficult journey to kill the Alien Queen. Killing the Alien Queen prevents biters from spreading, but it will be located a good fifty to one hundred thousand tiles away, depending on the world type (Death world is like 200k, rail 100k, rich resources 100k, and normal 50k). So it will not be a cheap expenditure of resources not a trivial fight, because she will be surrounded by 30 special worms with 40k health each and a very powerful attack, making extremely high damage weaponry a necessity,

Mad Science, will, well, let you build the machine from Amnesia A machine from pigs (Not literally, but close enough). Mad science mainly focuses on creating extremely volatile and dangerous chemicals and extremely unique and powerful ways of producing energy, weaponry, items, and unique structures that belong in a novel. Mad science will add in several crossover things from a couple of games that I enjoy, namely Amnesia. Compound X and a special type of reactor will be introduced in addition to a couple other things which you will find in the mod.

Besides that I will most likely release the mods with sprites that I created so it may take a good little while to sprite all the items and code the features of the mod.

Wish me the best of luck,
Alien_Squasher.
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Return to “Modding discussion”